Set up your shop
Calendar - Retail Calendar 2023
25 November 2022
A marketing calendar is a document that allows you to identify upcoming key retail dates and seasonal events. It enables you to anticipate and plan for those periods, which will boost business, help your shop thrive and allow you to contend with your competitors.
Why is having a retail calendar important for a future retailer?
A retail calendar allows you to manage your business activities effectively. As a future retailer, it’s not only essential to take part in these events but to plan ahead so that you’ll have the right products and quantities in stock when you need them most. A marketing calendar makes it easy to anticipate and prepare for these events.
How to build a retail calendar
Our Ankorstart experts have identified five key steps to creating an effective marketing calendar:
- Research public holidays celebrated in your area, like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Valentine’s Day.
- Identify dates that you expect will be commercially viable and that you’ll require seasonal products for, like Black Friday, Halloween, Christmas and the launch date of your shop.
- Select the holidays and events in which you’d like to participate. Keep in mind that you’re free to choose not to participate if you don’t find an event exciting or if it doesn’t align with your business.
- Choose one or more promotional mechanisms for each key date, like a contest, giveaway, in-store event or direct promotion.
- Set business objectives for each event based on your chosen promotional mechanisms. These can include generating traffic, building customer loyalty, or increasing your average basket.
Calendar - Retail Calendar 2023
Download the Ankorstart 2023 retail calendar to save time and ensure you don’t miss any important retail events in your first year of business.
Your data is collected and processed by Ankorstore, 101 rue de Sèvres, 75006 Paris, on the basis of your consent in order to download the desired documents. Unless you object, your data may also be used for commercial prospecting purposes. You have the right to access, rectify, port and delete your data. You also have the right to limit and oppose the processing carried out by Ankorstore. You may exercise all these rights at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. For further information, you can refer to the competent supervisory authority.
Related posts "Toolbox"
Ankorstart experts created a planning template for your commercial space opening, featuring the sequence of the 10 steps you need to follow before launching your shop and their average duration.
Ankorstart experts have created a guide to help you estimate the total financial need of a commercial space and compare the total costs of different spaces you might want to choose between.
Ankorstart experts have prepared a checklist to help you cover all essential points to consider to assess whether a commercial space is the right fit for your business.
Start by envisioning the commercial space that would be most suitable for your business before you start searching for a commercial space. Clarity on what to look for will allow you to find a space that meets your needs at best